Saturday, August 27, 2005

The menace that is cold coffee

You know, I get busy and then forget that I ever poured myself a cup, regardless of the fact that it's sitting right in front of me. Absent minded, I guess.

Last night I hauled myself out to watch the Brothers Grimm. It was pretty good. I haven't had a lot of luck in picking movies recently. Rented Constantine, not aware of just how violently demonic it was. Ugh. Turned it off after half an hour. But Brothers Grimm was good. Funny. A little slow at first, but oh well.

I went to the doctor yesterday. That was dumb. I just hate going to the doctor. It's like, haven't I seen enough doctors in my life to last a little while? But then I have to remind myself that some people have it a lot worse than I do. I didn't want to get the blood work but I knew I should even though I cringe at what the results will be. So I got the stupid blood work. My elbow still hurts. Is that what you call the inside of your elbow joint? Probably not. Whatever. Must have hit a nerve or something 'cause it's making my arm ache.

Going to Alaska in a week. Looking forward to that, seeing friends and all. I think I might go shopping for something to wear to the wedding. Hate shopping. Actually, I don't hate shopping, I just hate looking in the mirror and thinking how much cuter that would look if I was 30 lbs lighter. I know, I know... I don't want the lecture.

Been thinking about Cornell University lately. They have a great astronomy/physics department. Probably way out of my price range, but then, heck, isn't everything? Sometimes I think I'm one of those people who dream big but never have the guts to go through with anything. Hmm.

Okay, I've had enough of you all.

3 comments:

Janelle WInston said...

Of Course ALL coffee is a menace. And I do mean all. My dislike for coffee has only gathered strength in your absence. It is vile and gnarly, though the idea of it is really quite a wonderful thing.. the whole ambiance thing.. you know, book, coffee, good smells, comfort.. especially the "hip coffee shops" with a million different variations on a theme. And yet I still hate the stuff and think that it belongs in enema bags only and even then only if someone is dying. There you have "coffee on a theme from janelle" Love ya can't wait to see you too.
(Don't watch stupid movies)

Janelle WInston said...

Oh my gosh boj, I totally didn't copy you with the Terry Pratchet thing.. I just tonight, five seconds ago, saw it on your profile... that is so funny we are so much alike.. Touching really.. sniff.. love ya

The Diggerz said...

Boj, I love reading your blog and can't wait to see you! As for the coffee, it's not the drinking of it, but the making of it that is so special....har har...love you.