Thursday, February 03, 2005

Holes in my socks

I think my socks are starting to proliferate holes in themselves. Very silly. I hate holes. They used to not bother me at all, but now they drive my crazy. I'll have to go through all of them and do sock disposal/inventory. I'll probably have to get some new ones. Oh well.

I've been into listening to the Corrs recently. I really like their album "Borrowed Heaven."

So, I'm starting to get things in gear for this "next step." I know that's cheesy, but how else does one say it? Anyway, my foremost emotion right now is fear. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am excited, but I'm freaked out of my wits. I think of all the resons why I'm here, and while for right now they're not good enough, it's still going to be so hard to go. I'm glad that I can have an interim of something entirely different. Ireland is goinng to be fun. I really want to travel around while I'm over there, of course, but I'm nervous about doing that by myself. I mean, it would be just be for like three weeks. I guess I'll get it figured out.

I think I'm too entirely ruled by fear. Seriously. Thinking back on my short life, one of the driving reasons behind a lot I did, or didn't do, was because I was scared. It's probably why I wasn't a rebellious teenager. Don't get me wrong, I had my foibles, but I never really did anything outrageously bad, or really even mildly bad. You know what I mean. Anyway, I always thought I'd get caught, so I rarely threw caution to the wind. Even now, I think of the things that I think I would get in trouble for, and I just know I'm being silly. Whatever.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Remember when you were little...You would always admit to mom and dad that you had done something wrong, even when they had no inkling you had been naughty. I used to wonder what was wrong with you - you seemed to find no joy in getting away with things. How cute little bo is.

The Diggerz said...

Boj, I read your blog and wanted to say that I love you with all my heart. I can sort of imagine what it will be like truly being on your own and that is scary...the unknown is very frightening.... but I think it's really good too because you really will hear God for yourself without someone else being there to mandate what you should do. God is everywhere, not just here and if you look for Him, you'll see Him. I feel very fortunate to have you as my friend...good friends are hard to come by and it's even worse when you lose them....I hate that. I hope we can always be friends and that we can visit each other....love you lots!!!!