Thursday, May 19, 2005

I sat on my glasses

Yes, folks, the brand new ones that I just got a few days ago. Totally bent the frame and popped out a lens. I was so worried they were going to be permanently damaged, but they're back to just about good as new. Poor guy at Pearle Vision. I almost fell on my face and kissed his feet. Okay, not really, but I felt like I could have if the need had arisen. You see, I just took them off my face last night while we were watching the movie Phantom of the Opera, which is very good by the way. True to the musical, but not identical, and very well done.

I'm downloading softward updates at this coffee shop, and I'm getting about 200 KB/sec. Whew - that's speedy compared to what I'm used to.

I should be leaving soon.

5 comments:

The Diggerz said...

OMG Boj! You have such bad luck with glasses....lol....anyway that is really funny...I did that once too but I was like 7...! But I still love you!

Miss ya...marry the guy at Pearle Vision...well, ok if he is hot and young...I guess I should specify there.

J. H. Austin said...

Glad the story ended happily. Was just listening to Dan Gillmor at SXSW, and he was quoting someone (David Winer?) who adapted Andy Warhol's famous statement. "In the future, everyone will be famous for fifteen people." The point is that the value per reader of this blog is way higher than, say, a blog that garners thousands of readers. Way to go.

AND if a guy said that about a girl, jassaca, it would be, like, lookist and ageist. Why should girls be exempt?

Joanna said...

I'm not sorry to admit Jeremy, that although perhaps slightly less than some, I tend to be lookist and ageist. I mean, I'm not going to marry some frumpy octagenarian. However, I don't think I'd object to someone ten years older and just passably looking. I think, however, that this guy was probably late thirties, and he looked fine, but I'm sure he's already married. Whatever. Anyway, Jass, you are so encouraging because no matter what I say, I have faith that you will always be there to say, "I still love you." Thanks.

The Diggerz said...

Well, yes Jeremy, it is lookist and ageist and girls should not be exempt from that....I guess they are though because girls are sometimes viewed as angels and men as quite the other...which is wrong....anyway, all that to say, it is a silly joke and is meant to make one twitch and laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Anonymous said...

Dear Joanna,

Wow! I have just read your last five or six posts. What a fiasco....and to top it off....you crushed your glasses. Insult to injury. :-) I agree with Jassaca - marry the guy who can put you back together again.

Nate