Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A tribute to a friend

I decided today to talk about my friend Cara. She's a real chum. It's funny, because when I was a senior in highschool and she was in ninth grade, we were nigh unto inseperable. We talked about everything, and we had the same views on a lot of stuff. We both loved coffee and books, you know, all that stuff, and we worked together in debate - we were together all the time. After I graduated and started college, we grew apart a little, not for any other reason than that we were never around each other that much. But the funny thing was that if we did ever hang out, we could always pick up right where we left. To this day, we can talk about anything, and that's very encouraging. I wish her the best as she goes to State and graduates from highschool.

Speaking of State, I'm really excited about going. Actually, what's more exciting is that all the kids are excited that I'm going. It's very heartening to know that they want me to be there and that they think it wouldn't be the same without Nika and I. Sometimes I feel more like a slave driver than a coach, because I'm constantly having to light fires under certain people's butts when it comes to extemp, but it's good to know they appreciate it.

I'm also getting excited about Europe. I'm starting to think about it more, and all that kind of stuff. It's going to be such an experience. I'm a little nervous about being in Ireland for a month, simply because I won't be a "free agent," but rather someone who is there to help out and really contribute while I'm there. I'm sure it will be fun.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

bo - that's the happiest blog you've ever written. it makes me smile. i love you.