Sunday, April 10, 2005

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Talk about a blast from the past. I used to watch them on TV when I was a little kid. However, I don't find them and their shrill singing near to enthralling as I used to, so I have sequestered myself in my room and turned up my music. Currently, that is Secret Garden, the album, Dawn of a New Century. It's pleasant.

I did, as I said yesterday, speech all day, from 10 until 5. I'm a little tired now, even though I didn't really do any personal exertion. I mean, I guess coaching could be called that, in a way. I have to do organic chemistry homework now - infrared spectroscopy. I don't think it's going to be too difficult. The hardest part will be opening Virtual PC. Takes so much memory to run that it slows everything else down to a snail's pace.

Emerson W. asked me tonight if I was ignoring/avoiding him, and I just kind of said that I wasn't, not consciously, although I had thought maybe he had been ignoring/avoiding me. He assured me vehemently that he wasn't. He was on boats today, and so tonight after dinner while we were waiting for the accumulation of people in the truck, he was teasing me about my hat, saying I looked like a female Ignacious (from Confederacy of Dunces) and I knew things were going to be okay. After all, if he's mocking and teasing me, things must be back to normal. Kind of a weight off my back.

Wow, I am so hot I am just pouring sweat. Well, not quite, but it is hot up here in my room.

I guess I should quit procrastinating and actually get busy. Argh.

2 comments:

The Diggerz said...

Hey great post...I am glad Em and you are back on good terms...don't really know all that happened but enough to know that I'm glad it's resolved. I hope you have a great time at State....take care of yourself and your newly sewed up skirt. Love ya!!!! Oh yeah and great movie! You could be like Steven Spielberg and produce your own movies except you would be the female version of course!

Joanna said...

Thanks, Jassaca. I could be Stevena. That would be so cool.