Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sun-tanning in April

I was out on the roof this afternoon sunning myself. It was great. I had to punch out my screen to get out there, but it was worth it. It was so warm, except for a cold breeze every now and then. Don't know that I actually increased the melanin levels in my skin, but oh well.

Just finished watching De-Lovely. It was really good, although perhaps about 45 minutes too long. I cried at the end, of course. I cry in movies whenever possible. Can you imagine living a life like that? I mean, aside from the fact that Porter was gay, married, and his wife was fine with that a large portion of the time, it all seems pretty surreal.

Tomorrow, its speech, speech, speech. I'm going to be coaching from 10 AM until dinner, pretty much. It's all good, though. It will be an altogether fun experience, this next week.

I'm glad Emerson W. is not going to be around much this week. It's not that I'm mad at him still, but I can tell he is still pissed off about me ranting to someone else about my problem with him. And he was right. But honestly, even if I'd never breathed a word, he's still have to be dealing with all the crap he's having to figure out. I sure didn't help, but I didn't start the fires either. I can't really say I care all that much. I know I should, but I just don't.

I think I'm getting somewhere it regards to next year, but we'll see. I think God really wants to do something in my life in regards to my care for other people, and how much I'm willing to devote my efforts to helping and interceding for others, but I also think that it's not going to be in the way some people may imagine. Living at Whitestone is time-consuming. It's takes a lot of sweat and tears to be able to give away time to others when all the time is already taken by others. I don't know if that makes any sense, but I don't really care since I know what I mean.

No comments: