Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Exxon Valdez blah blah blah

That's how I feel, just in case you were wondering. Actually, I made some progress on my report tonight - progress is always good. Actually, I was going to spend all afternoon on it, but by the time I got home is was about 3:20, and it was so nice outside so I went out and lay on the roof in my bathing suit. It was nice, and not altogether unproductive, as I read...okay, skimmed mightily through all the organic chemistry chapters I have to cover in the next two weeks.

Jessica and I biked into Delta yesterday. Poor Polkie had a terrible bike with flat tires and no breaks. The Jumping Java hut wasn't open, probably because it was a Sunday, but we went to IGA and got some coffee. Then we didn't want to bike home, so we got Josiah to come pick us up at the library. That was super funny.

I think I'm going to go to bed pretty soon, even though it's only 10:20 PM.

Josiah asked me if I would be his girlfriend just for tonight, so we've been having a relationship tonight. Silly, but who cares? Not me. I would only care if we had to be boyfriend and girlfriend for more than three hours at a time. We would tear each other to pieces. We irritate each other way to easily - just the right amount to be good friends, but certainly not anything more than that.

I was thinking tonight, and you know, I feel really settled about my decision for next year, even though it was by far the most spur of the moment idea. I really do believe that God wants me to go, and I think he's opening the door for this option. My biggest fear, regardless of what I just said, is that He will leave me alone. I'm the type of person that loves solitude, but not being alone. It's sort of a selfish perspective - I want people far enough so that I don't have to bother with them, but close enough so I know I'm not entirely alone. But then, who isn't like that to some extent?

Courtney will be here tomorrow!

No comments: