Thursday, March 31, 2005

What's wrong with...

...wanting something I can't have? I'll tell you what's wrong with it - I spend all my mental energies thinking about how much I want it, and don't have time to ponder the more meaningful things in life. There are only a few things that I want desperately. There have been little things, this and that, but I've never believed that I would be happy if I could only have them. But these couple of things - I know that I think I would be satisfied if only I could. I'm sure I would have a raft of different problems, but at least they wouldn't be the one's I've already worn out having. Give me something different to fight for a change. Sometimes I think I would rather have a crisis on my hands - at least then I'd know where the battle was, I would be in battle mode, as it were. But day after day, it's the same old crap. Stupid stuff, over and over. I hate it.

Sorry, Bo, I was actually going to try to make this a happy blog post - for your sake.

School is over in...six weeks, I think. I need for it desperately to be finished. I'm excited about going to Europe this summer. Tomorrow I'm going Fairbanks to see a concert of the opera Carmen. It's really not going to be acted out, just kind of a showcase. It should be fun - the whole choir is going.

Going to have a party to welcome home Amanda.

No comments: