Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Springtime

The light is gaining speedily. As much as Larry the Duck may wish it, the warm rays of springtime are still a good two months away. It's finally staying light until 6 pm, and it's actually light walking to class at 8 am. Now, light isn't to say the sun's up, just that it's thinking about coming up. Anyway, spring doesn't arrive in full force until the beginning of May. Gotta love this state, man.

Do you ever feel like you're floating on this sea of uncertainty? It sucks big time.

In choir, we've been learning some of Anton Bruckner's motets. They're all accapella, which has never been our strong point, but we're doing alright. So far, we've done Christus factus est, Os justi, Ave Maria, and Locus iste. Anyway, check them out sometime, if you can find them anywhere - they're very pretty. I like the first page of Os justi, and the second page of Ave Maria and something else from Christus factus est, but I can't remember which part. Yesterday we were all terribly off key, and it was kind of frustrating, so I was glad to get out of there.

I've been trying to practice some more on my violin. I'm stuck on some Bach minuets because I just can't get rid of the squeak. It's so irritating. It's like, I can read the music, I know how to play it, but it just sounds bad because I squeak terribly if I try to play up to speed. I've also been practising Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata on the piano. I've got Fur Elise down so pat that the more I play it the worse I get. So, I decided to finish this sonata that I started learning last year but never finished. Now, that's fun.

My sister has been looking at these apartments for me that are down the street from her and Nathan. The one bedroom one bathroom apartments are going for a good price, so I hope one is available when I finally decide what I'm going to do. I mean, I am really making plans to stay down in Illinois, but I have not committed to it. I mean, I sort of have, but I just don't know yet. I just don't know. It's irritating because if I'm going to go down there, I have to start thinking that way so my options can be open, but whenever I think about really going, I just feel yucky. After living in close proximity to all these people. all of whom I know and love, I know I'll be lonely and bored and sad. No offense, Bo, but it just will be. I don't think it's fear, it's just heart-wrenching.

2 comments:

J. H. Austin said...

You know, almost thou persuadest me to think you're having second thoughts. At least you're not an high priestess who cannot be touched with the feeling of the infirm around you. Grin.

Cheers. We'll miss you, some.

Joanna said...

Thanks, dearie