Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I feel nice, like sugar and spice

Actually, truth be told, I feel like hell. I thought I was better, but then I woke up this morning and I am just a sick puppy. Got a terrible cough and a headache. And, I have to walk the delta this morning and it is very windy - terribly windy. And, then I have to go to Fairbanks, which will be fine, but I just wish I could stay in bed all day. It's so pooey.

On the bright side, the geometry class is doing a nice job on their blueprints, and so far I haven't had to play the mean teacher. I'm making some yummy coffee, which I probably don't need but I feel like I do, so I'm making it.

I spend so much of my life thinking about and dwelling on all the terrible things about myself. It's such an ingrained habit that I find myself needing someone else to tell me something good about myself because I know I'll always be down on myself. So there you have it. That's me in a nutshell. No, but seriously, that's why I strive to be good at so many things, and get terribly down when I don't progress - like the violin, or the piano. I feel like those are things that people will notice if I'm good at, so I want to get better so I can hear nice things about myself. I don't think of being good at chemistry as something that will get me noticed and applauded, so I throw it off as being of no account. I know this all sounds really dumb, but it's honest. It's funny how much one can know that the way one thinks about things is silly, but it still doesn't change anything.

Matt, one of my geometry students, is daring me to drink my 2-methylpentene solution. I told him I don't drink toxic crap like that. Gotta go.

1 comment:

The Diggerz said...

Boj, I love you...you are my hero baby. No more panic attacks thinking about your future...you are smart and wonderful and I would think that about you without you mastering several instruments. Smile!