Monday, January 10, 2005

Waxing emotional

I'm sitting on a coach, by myself, low lighting, music - waxing emotional. I'm thinking about a guy that I could like. It's pathetic. Sometimes I have a lot of "fun" sitting around thinking about all the things that I don't like about myself. In fact, it's one of my favorite pastimes. See, I don't want to go into details about this guy because a couple people that I know may read this, and they'll know who I'm talking about, and it's not the type of thing that I'm ready for the whole world to know. Even my dear mom reads this, and Lord knows I'll hear from her about it (I LOVE YOU, MUM!) Sally-ho and all that.

Speaking of which, I promised my mom I would give her credit for the little picture at the beginning of this thingy here because she was the one that actually sent me that picture. Regardless, I have claimed it as my own. I should also say that she was the one that sent me the thing about the light bulbs. Gosh, what can I say, I owe everything to my mother. I'm just the entrepeneur I guess, because I'm the one that actually put those things where everyone can enjoy them. Then again, that's assuming anyone reads this aside from my mom. Maybe that's hoping too much. At least my mother loves me.

My small speechers have a speech tournament coming up this weekend. They'd kill me if they knew I called them my small speechers. I should say the excellent students of debate, forensics, and drama. Actually, I mostly just am in charge of the extempers. I have three kids in domestic extemp, and three in foreign. Most of them are new to the event, so they're doing pretty good, but I have a distinct feeling that they are extremely unprepared for this tournament. Then again, I felt like that last time, and they all did fine. It's mostly because we had a big break from speech earlier when we went down to Haines to have a big choir performance. It was a patriotic Christmas shmozzle. It was fun, but I think it cost my speechers some valuable practice time. Well, you can't do it all.
To Haines
This is our car, Car 3, on the way back from Haines. It was a good time.

No comments: