Sunday, January 30, 2005

Procrastination

I'm trying to do this stupid cell biology summary, which is really not difficult at all, I just plain don't want to do it. After that, I have organic chemistry to do, and I don't want to do that either. I should do some other things, but I don't want to do those either. I am in a state of do-nothingness. I wish I could stay like this for like three days maybe. I know I'd get sick of it, but just for a little I'd like to not have to think of doing anything at all. Nothing. No responsibilities, no anything. Oh how lovely that would be. But alas, what is the point of wishing for things that will not be.

Oh Lord, it's after three. I will never finish all I have to do.

I'm thinking about going to Ireland for the summer. I'm excited, but now that I've gotten the ball rolling, I'm a little nervous about it as well. It's just that I know hardly anyone there, and I'd be so out of my element. It'd probably be good for me. It's not like I've never done anything like it before. I mean, coming up here was like that. I knew a sum total of like two people, and it would be the same over there. I of course am hoping that I get to see some of Europe. The only place I've been to in Europe is Turkey, and then only a little of Istanbul. The rest of the trip was really in Asia. Whatever, not like it matters. I mean, it does to me, but you know what I mean. I have distant relatives who live in England that my dad says I should drop by and see if I go, and of course I would. I have friends in Switzerland, a couple Spain, but I think that's it. Well, we'll see what happens.

I've been getting to play techie for a week. It was fun and tiring. I mean, my job wasn't even that important and I still was tired. We were making a DVD of seminar, and so I had a couple of jobs doing that. Truth be told, I enjoyed feeling ever-so-slightly important, even if that much was unwarranted. I make sure to take advantage of any opportunity where I can feel like I'm doing something useful/important. That's just me and my twitch.

Man, I really need to get to work.

No comments: