Friday, January 21, 2005

Another rousing game of...

...hands and feet tonight, although tonight's game was faster than last time. It was just four of us - Janelle, Evan, Dan and I. It was fun, I think I came in second. I cheated wildly, which I usually don't do in that game. It took me years to wheedle a ramen pack from Evan because I was cold and hungry, and I finally had to go beg Emerson W., at which point he informed me that I was severely in his debt. Grow a brain, EWE.

I've been thinking about what I'm going to be doing this summer. It's basically a toss up between two ideas - stay here or spend the summer in Ireland. (By the way, that is not by any means a new idea, and I have been thinking about it for a couple of months now.) Both are in their own way appealing. Ireland would be an adventure, a chance to help out, a learning experience. To stay here would be comfortable and fun with my friends. But there's cons to each too. I'm waiting at the earliest until after convention before I talk to anyone. Maybe I'll get a lightning bolt or something.

I don't know about the whole teacher thing. In many ways I do not think I have the knack for it. To always be able to have new ideas and to have to make subjects interesting to people who are not interested - ugh. I want to just be able to do my work and not have to worry about anyone else in the process. That may not be realistic in a true sense, but much more feasible if I'm NOT trying to teach a bunch of kids and pass on wisdom in the process. Besides, the whole thing has "major big deals" written all over it. I get sick of the blah blah blah. I just want to be left in peace.

No comments: