Sunday, January 09, 2005

Long lost

Today I am talking to a friend I haven't talked to in a very long while. It's strange that we used to be the best of friends, and yet here I am, trying to catch up after, oh, a year or so. She got married. My life is unadventurous compared to hers. I guess that's bound to happen since I'm up here in Alaska, going to a small town college, being saintly. Ya, that's me - saintly. Sometimes I get sick of being a good person and trying to live a good life. But then I know that no matter what, I probably wouldn't have the guts to do anything outrageous even if I wanted to. So, I just spend my Sunday afternoons doing organic chemistry and cleaning my room. It's just what I do because this is the life I have chosen.

Don't get me wrong, I don't regret a single decision. I'm proud to be where I am and to be with the people that I am. I make mistakes. Yeah, I make mistakes. I often act like a fool. But I'm happy. It's all good.

No comments: