Wednesday, January 12, 2005

So, anyway, tonight...

...Janelle and I played hands and feet at the South End with Dan, Chris, Evan, and Nathan. I think I came in fourth, but it wasn't bad as it could have been. I only cheated twice. Didn't help me that much, though. If only Chris wouldn't spout "religious platitudes," as Evan so aptly called them. All night long, he just went on and on. He's a funny one, that's for sure. At least he and Nathan were blown out of the water. It was Chris's first time playing, but Nathan can be mean when it comes to hands and feet, so that was a nice breather. It makes me miss last year, living with Amy and Emily and Janelle, playing that game all the time.

Did you know that the only difference between an aldehyde and a ketone is the placement of the carbon double bonded to the oxygen? I didn't know that until today, which is pretty silly, all things considered. I was entertaining myself today and did some chromatography of some ink. The solvent was ethanol. This is what I got:
slides
Yeah, so I'm going to go to bed now.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Do ketones smell? Kinda like pear drops?

Joanna said...

Jennifer...grow a brain.