Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A day in the life of me

Since Alicia asked so nicely, at the risk of boring you all, I will give you a day in my life. What shall I pick? Monday, Wednesday? Perhaps Friday? Well, how about we randomly pick Wednesday.

I get up at 8 AM. There is actually a little devotional get together thing at 7:45 for those who are so inclined and it lasts half an hour, but I'm afraid I don't usually get out of bed for that. Anyway, people usually converge on the kitchen after that for breakfast. Everyone pretty much gets their own - cereal, toast - it's a pretty quick affair. About 15 minutes. Work starts officially at 8:30. On Wednesdays, I work all morning in the garden with Sarah. This morning we were clearing out nasty plants, weeding, and cultivating the many beds around here. It was wet and a little chilly. At 9:50, we have "drinks." The kitchen puts on a pot a tea and everyone again gathers together for about fifteen to twenty minutes just for a respite. For me, it's then back out to the garden. For the last bit of the morning we were cleaning a greenhouse so as to stop algae growth. I go home about 12:10 PM to get changed for lunch. Lunch is at 12:30, a sort of buffet style affair, and fairly informal. Everyone does dishes in the kitchen. We usually have about 20 minutes to do whatever after that - check email, play the piano, in my case. At 1:30, the gears start grinding again. Wednesday afternoons I have time alloted to studying as I am doing some self-guided courses in electronics and computer programming as well as doing some calculus review. 3:30 brings drinks again, until about 3:35. After that, I work in the Microlit office, or wherever I can find some workspace, trying to see the Little Doctor data logger. Work ends at five, and dinner is at 6 PM. Dinner is more put together, with a bit of a chart for where people will sit. Again dishes, and then Wednesday evenings are free. I usually play the piano, the violin, or get online to chat or blog. I usually go to bed around 10:30 or 11 PM. And that's it. Some days are variations on the theme, but you get the general idea.

I hope that satisfies your curiosity, dear. I think you'd like it.

On another note, the house is empty tonight. People here, there and everywhere. Oh well, I hope someone is online later. Love you all, keep in touch.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Bo,

Thanks to Alicia for prompting a description of your day. It sounds nice and relaxing - maybe a little monotonous but in a theraputic way. I miss you sooo much.

Love,

Bo