Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Well, it's a good thing...

I finally heard back from Andrew Giles, for myself and via my pa. Thankfully, I will be getting support as a contributing member, as it were, of society, so that solves a big problem. Did you know that in Ireland, diabetes medicine is free? That's outta control! Too bad I probably won't be able to benefit from that, just being a "visitor" and all. Anyway, good times and all that.

Packing my stuff yesterday was a real thrill and a half. I'm leaving so much behind, but that's fine. Anyway, I got it down to six fairly heavy boxes, and shipping was a total of $181. Considering that I was prepared to pay twice that if I had to, I'm counting myself fairly lucky. Anyway, it's good to have that done. I'm going upriver again today to haul stuff down that I'm leaving behind, so that'll wrap up that process.

Sayonara, tsetchem leshalom, and gluckliche Reise!

2 comments:

JR said...

So are you packing for Ireleand, then!?!?!

Joanna said...

Well, after I get back to WV from AK, it'll be packing up and then I'm outta here. For at least six months. Yay.