Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Break the wrist and walk away

Napoleon Dynamite and such a stinking quotable movie! I can't get it outta my head, man!

Well, breaking news is that I slept until three this afternoon. I feel justified, though, because I travelled all night the night before. Hate airplanes. I'm just figuring that out. I've spent half my life travelling in one. My official home is a freakin' 747. Nah, I'm not in a bad mood, I'm just ready to find a home. You know - even just an apartment to call my own for a couple of years, a place to put up some book shelves and unpack my personal library. I think that any place I can do that deserves the name of "home" to me. Me and my sacred library.

I've often wondered what it is about books that just makes me happy. Seriously, I have so many it's insane. I remember when I first started collecting my own personal library, as I called it then. I decided that borrowing books for the public library wasn't good enough because I always had to turn around and give them back after a month. I think I must have been twelve, and I'd just finished reading my fourth Tom Clancy book. Honestly, who reads Tom Clancy at twelve? The first of his books I ever read was Hunt for the Red October, and I just loved it. Oh well, no need to establish the fact that I'm a little eccentric... we already knew that. Anyway, enough of that. Tonight, I'm going to go to my old haunt, the Barnes and Noble down the interstate, and get some coffee and peruse the books to my hearts content. Yay.

For those of you out there who care about where I am and where I'm going, I'm in West Virginia right now. Had a great couple of weeks in Alaska. I'll be here with my parents for a week and then I'm flying off to Ireland for seven or eight months. I'm struck with how fast that will go. I mean, I don't even know where I'll be in a year. And a year is such a short time as it is. Anyway, that is my itinerary.

Love and kisses to all you out there.

1 comment:

The Diggerz said...

Yes! That is the best line ever. I knew you would see the light! No one will mess with you while you're wearing those red and blue striped pants!