Thursday, June 02, 2005

Wow, what an experience

Well, I just got back from touring around the Vatican City. The line to get it was very, very large. We were probably in line for about 45 minutes. What's funny is that we rushed to get there as early as possible, and the line was very long, but later, when I left, the line was much shorter. It's like everyone thinks if they get there early they'll get in faster, and then everyone gets there at the same time. Whatever. Anyway, that was super cool. I really, really enjoyed seeing the Sistene Chapel. It was awesome - literally. I didn't want to leave because I couldn't help but think that I may never be back, and I wanted to take it all in. Anyway, then I went round to St. Peter's Basillica. That was also very amazing. Took a bunch of pictures. There was a hugely massive line to check out Pope John Paul II tomb, so I didn't bother. Anyway, that's where the Pièta is and such. Then I took the metro and walked about 2 miles back to the campsite. It's currently 3 PM and I'm going to go swimming.

By the way, the time has been set on Alaska time, but I will change it from now on so you know what time I'm posting from over here.

Hannah, actually, yes, at the disco, that's exactly what I thought of - dancing wildly in our living room. Good times, good times.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

bo, you're cool.

Anonymous said...

Gaze on, sweet Joanna. You are learning a LOT about God's creation and creativity. Love, Mom

The Diggerz said...

Thine eyes shall see a painting above thee, saying this is the Michangelo.....look ye at it.

GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD BLEEESSSSSSSS YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!