Friday, June 10, 2005

Venice, Italy

That is where I currently am. Had a good time seeing the pigeon square - lots of pigeons. For those of you who care, it's actually called San Marco's Square, because it's right in front of the Basilica of St. Mark, where he is supposedly resting. Very nice. Also went shopping, saw glass making, got some cool pictures of that, and saw some Venetian lace. And of course the gondola ride. It was very fun - we had a fun crew on our little gondola. I got some great pictures of the canals and such. The canals are actually kind of dirty, but they weren't too bad. Apparently the water was fairly low, so we could actually walk on the streets instead of jump from board to board as they do when the water is high. Anyway, tomorrow we're off to Vienna. I'm excited about going to a Mozart and Strauss concert. Yay.

By the way, those pictures were totally random. I had no idea which ones I was uploading, so those were just what I happened to grab. That's why they're not necessarily spectacular, or of me. Thank you, Rebekah, for setting me straight on the lions in Trafalgar. Ok, well, that's it for now. Love you all.

3 comments:

The Diggerz said...

What fun Boj! Remember, when in Venice, gondola as the Italians do. Great to hear from you as always!

Anonymous said...

We love hearing from you and enjoying Europe vicariously. Remember to be safe. Also, check your e-mail for a message re: UAA. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi! I saw your blog while looking up "Lydia Lace." My husband and I just got back from a fast and furious tour of Europe. Your blog on Venice had me reliving it again. Thanks! Kathy from Texas