Tuesday, November 22, 2005

This is me being reflective

Well, I've learned about some interesting things in the last couple of days, and here they are:

Rastafarianism is a religion that came into being in the 1930s after Ras Tafar (the Lion of Judah) was crowned king of, um, Ethiopia, I think. The main idea is that Africans everywhere will escape opression if they all return to Mother Africa, and they have special colored hats and don't eat pork, shellfish, coffee, tea, or salt.

Scientology is also a religion, based on the idea of somebody Hubble. The basic tenets are that we all go through life with little unresolved traumas, pre- or post-natal, and if we never get them resolved they seep into our lives and make us off-kilter. These little traumas are called epigrams, or something like that. Anyway, supposedly we are all immortal beings called um, Thetans, and we've lost our way and forgotten what we were, so we go through reincarnation forever, gathering these little traumas. If we ever can truly rid ourselves of them, and get "clear," then we will be um, like operational Thetans, or something like that, with quasi-super powers. Right.

The Carpathian mountains are in Romania.

There you have it, the three interesting things I have learned recently.

As to other reflections, well, I don't know. Convention is, of course, over and most people have left. I, too, am leaving in 12 days. Wow, so soon. I am giving a dinner for a bunch of people on Sunday, and we're going to have stuffed chicken and cheesecake. Yay! I am teaching chemistry on Thursday, and we're just going to do some basic and cool stuff. Anyway, that's all for now.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Bo,

Thanks for the insight. You are cool.

JR said...

I have WAY to many tramas in my life, guess I'll never be a free god-creature-alien thingy. Too bad. :P