Saturday, November 26, 2005

Another one bites the dust

Sounds rather distasteful, if you ask me.

Tonight I had dinner with Jon and Sarah and the guests, being Janet Meyers, Yvonne Somebody, Karen Deardorff, and Sander and Linda Vander Leek, the last two from Holland. It was scrumptious, of course. I really need to get Sarah's Baileys chocolate mousse recipe before I leave. I made cheesecake this afternoon, and I think it turned out ok, although we won't really know until tomorrow when we eat it. Yum.

More interesting, supposed recent research shows that Einstein's cosmological constant, which he retracted from his thoeries, saying it was his biggest blunder, may actually apply to the dark energy that keeps our universe constantly expanding. So far, calculations have been accurate within 10%. Keep it coming, lads.

I owe my parents $59.23 for ebooks. I will admit to overspending on the ebook front. It keeps me sane, having something read. I would go crazy if I didn't. And since I am an extremely fast reader, I can easily read one or two books a day, therefore I have overspent. I vow to reform. You see, it's very difficult living overseas where they don't have the books that I like, and I don't go into town very often, so I end up putting stuff on the credit card. However, when I get back to the States, I will sign up for a library card, and that will be better. Sorry, Dad, I'll pay you back.

On a similar yet different subject, I know that this next experience is going to be completely different from anything I've ever ventured. I also know that there are worries from several parties that I will sink, rather than swim. I guess living overseas has kept me a little off kilter as far as reality is concerned. Believe me, I'll be just as glad as some to get back to familiar territory. I'll also be glad because for the first time in my life, my finances will be completely in my control. For those of you who don't know how I've lived, that may sound a little strange coming from someone my age, but honestly, my entire life I have been dependent on someone else for money and all that. You guys have no idea how good it is going to feel to know that I am in control (as much as one is ever in control) of the way things go, especially with my money. I know that there are doubts as to my abilities to keep all things in moderation, and that's fine. I don't have anything to prove to anyone but myself. Either I'll make it or I won't. I believe that I will, but only time will tell. Anyway...

Well, I guess that's enough for one post. Comment forth.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Bo, I think you will swim like Michael Phelps!