Wednesday, August 23, 2006

An update, since I have a moment

Well, I'm still in Alaska for another, oh let's see... four days approximately. I'm having a really nice time, although it's difficult to wrap my mind around being here and thinking about going back to work after having been here. In many ways I don't to even think about leaving on Sunday, yet I'm also looking forward to seeing my fam and the kitties and such like. I'm most looking to pass the next couple of months so that I can really get back to what I want to be doing, which is not "biding my time," but actually accomplishing something. If nothing else, this is being a great recharge for me.

Last night I hung out with Nathan and that was a lot of fun, just kind of reminiscing and such, and talking about life.

You know, most people hear that I'm majoring in astronomy, and they're just a little puzzled - you can see it in their eyes. I can't wait to prove that I can actually do it and make it in "the real world" whatever that is.

That's it, I guess, for now

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Do they ask you what their horoscpope is?

Joanna said...

No one has yet asked me what my "horoscpope" is, but I do have people do a double-take on the whole astronomy/astrology thing, although not often.