Saturday, July 16, 2005

Blog to top all blogs

Probably not really, but it sounds impressive, doesn't it? I'm currently checking all my email addresses, a sum total of three, and chatting with Rebekah and Erika, checking eBay for no particular reason since I'm not selling or watching anything, and buying sheets because the mattresses at UAA are extra long. I'm listening to Air Supply and continuing the relaxation from my afternoon.

Speaking of which I read a Terry Pratchett book this afternoon called The Dark Side of the Sun. It's one of his earlier books, and it was a bizarre mix of Isaac Asimov, Douglas Adams, and the Terry we all know and love. Asimov because it reminded me of the robot books about the Spacer worlds, and Douglas Adams because it had this thing where they went into infinity something, where you could see anything, because if it could exist in any particular universe there was a possibility that you'd see it there, and that reminded me of the hyperspace infinity drive thing where you could come out looking like a chair before reality righted itself, and Pratchett because, while not particularly funny, it had some good one-liners. So that was interesting.

You know, I'm worried about myself being on my own. That may sound strange, but what I mean is that I can just see myself going to pot without the structure I'm used to surrounding how I live my life. For instance, whenever I go visit Bo, I always kind of just laze about and such. I mean, not entirely, but a lot. I mean, I know I'm going to have homework and classes, and I'll get a job and stuff, I just hope that I can be responsible enough to be smart about all the things there are to be smart about. Sorry, I know that's kind of convoluted. I'm also worried about my diabetes control. If I don't be very stern with myself, I'm not going to do well. And when it comes to being disciplined, I'm not very good at being stern with myself. It's an extreme, extreme trial to do it with a more structured lifestyle, much less when I'm out on my own. God, help.

I also read a good Terry Pratchett book the other day called Thief of Time - I really liked it. He's been my favorite author because it's difficult to find the American authors I'm used to over here in Europe, so he was one that I knew I liked and could find easily over here.

Speaking of books, can't wait to get my hands on the new Harry Potter. I'll probably wait until I get back to the States.

Okay, well, I have to go order sheets. Love you dearly.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

yay bo

The Diggerz said...

You will rise and you will soar....God knows even angels fall......ha...that wasn't meant to be an inspiration or anything just a dumb song that came to me. Boj, you can do it....I think it will be really good for you to make the choice without outside influences to do the right thing.....God is with you.

Anonymous said...

Mega ditto jassaca's comments. God is your structure, nothing and no one else. You and He can do it together. We're cheering for you. Love, Mom