Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Feeling a little homesick

The thing about trying to describe the pull to Whitestone to someone who really has no grasp on what it's like is that there are just some things that are completely indescribable. It's not the pull of friends, it's not the comfort of familiarity, it's not the security. Nor is it not those things. But there's an underlying, intangible force that draws me, that still has me, in moments unaware, calling it home. There's not really a way to portray in words what that is. How can I describe it? I cannot. It's what pulls at my heart when I listen to the beautiful music, and what used to frustrate me when I just wanted to pull the covers over my head and make it all go away. I know there are those of you out there who know exactly what I'm talking about. It's supernatural... almost foreign, yet a feeling I can't get out of my head. That's what causes the hole in my heart when I think of Whitestone. It transcends the drudgery in the worst times and makes the word "love" almost obsolete in its enormity. I only hope that someday, that force will be mine once again.

2 comments:

Janelle WInston said...

My Dear Boj,
HA! Not to like make you sad or anything, but I'm glad that you feel that way. I think it's great! But then again, I have underlying reasons... mostly that I miss you and want you to be here. I love ya lots, and hope you are well. Oh and by the way, you forgot my B-day.. That's fine though.

J. H. Austin said...

Bittersweet. Of course it validates what we think of Whitestone (in our best moments), but makes us sad for you. Espeshully if you're not supposed to be here. Is it better to have loved, and lost, than never to have loved atoll, we ask volcanically?