Sunday, January 22, 2006

I finally got a job

Yeah, this last Thursday. So, I've been working for three days, going on four. I'm working at Ducky's Bridal and Formal wear. You'd be surprised how rigorous it is. By the end of the day, I feel like my feet are just going to up and die all on their own. Basically I spend all day greeting customers, helping girls find prom dresses, organizing things, doing tux measurements and son on. And we only get half an hour for lunch. I have to admit that it's taking me a bit to get used to it. That's the nature of a full-time job. I just feel like it's taking up my whole life is working, and then when I get home I'm just languishing on the couch. Not that I have anything else to be doing - I don't have any people to hang out with. I'm just used to, you know, being in school where I'm doing something different every hour, and being fairly in charge of my own time. Well, it's only for a year, so that's good, and then back to school so I can do what I used to do.

My sister and Nathan have finished drywalling and mudding and priming my room downstairs. Yay! Now it's just the painting and the carpet, and minor other things, and I can have a room! And start paying rent! Argh. Well, that's all for now.

1 comment:

J. H. Austin said...

Morpheus: Welcome... to the REAL world...