Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I feel you, Johanna!

Despite the fact that the new incarnation of Sweeney Todd, starring Johnny Depp, was gruesome and violent, I am pleased to note that almost the entire thing appeared to be about me.

In other news, in case you were rabidly curious, I got a 98 on my linear algebra exam. The lowest score in the class was an 84, and I think the average was an A. All that goes to say that we are all fabulous geniuses.

I went to the optometrist today - that was cheery. Everything is fine, so I'll have to wait a whole year before I get to see my enormously good-looking eye doctor again. It's probably for the best, considering that he wears a wedding ring and I'd hate to tempt him with my Audrey Hepburnesque looks. It's tough being beautiful.

I found out that my roommate got engaged sometime between the last time I saw her and this past Sunday - a time frame of approximately 3 weeks. I guess they're planning on an August wedding. Good for them, except I think she may have forgotten in the kerfuffle that she still owes me a rent check. I can wait a few days. I am, after all, rich.

Well, I hope you all have been amused and entertained by my glorious use of irony scattered throughout this post.

2 comments:

J. H. Austin said...

Don't you mean sarcasm? I thought irony was unintentionally meaning the opposite of what you say.

I missed seeing the eclipse.

Joanna said...

I'm pretty sure I meant what I said, although sarcasm could have been just as appropriate. I looked up "irony" on Google, and looks good to me. Thanks, though :)