Sunday, October 08, 2006

I wish...

I wish that the word "prosaic" meant something else. It actually means the opposite of what I think it should mean, but hey, no one asked me, I guess.

Every once in a great while I feel like I am fated to become a writer, but I'm just not patient enough. I can't stick with a story, do the research etc. I get bored with it and then want to move on. I don't have an eye for detail.

Yeah, so that came out of nowhere...

Um, let's see, what else... I have a spanish test tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to do very well. I've been doing about as little work as possible in that class, and I had to work all weekend so I haven't even studied for it. Considering the class is really above my level, not studying is not a good career decision, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

You know, it's funny... I would never consider myself a weak-willed person. Yeah... right. Anyway, as I was saying... But there are some things that I just cannot make myself do (or not do as the case may be.) I just don't want to do what I don't want to do. I guess the problem is that I'm not weak-willed about those things, rather I'm pitting myself against my will, and that's difficult because I am so strong-willed in general.

Whatever, gotta go.

1 comment:

Janelle WInston said...

Yoanna, Just do it. That is my advice to my dear friend, even though you didn't ask for it. But that has never bothered me before. Once you ask me to be up-front, I never return. :) I am really writing you this little spoon of sugar, because, number one it is your birthday, and number two, I love you. I think I shall try to call you later today. We'll see if it happens or not. But HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Just in case.. Loves