Friday, March 24, 2006

Well, well

I know it's been absolutely forever since I've posted here. Abonimable, is it not? I suspected as much myself, but alas, what was to be done? Anyway, I've been working at Barnes and Noble for coming up on a month. Hard to believe it's been that long already. I mean, I'm beginning to feel very comfortable there, which is great, considering how new jobs can be sometimes. It gets a little tedious at times, you know, but I'm just glad for the job. Speaking of which, I should go get my paycheck... Fridays have become my favorite days.

What else... not a whole lot is happening besides that. I'm apartment-searching. Just the beginnings of it right now because I need to save up enough to be able to pay the security deposit as well as first month's rent, Right now I'm eyeing some efficiencies, which, for those of you who don't know, is basically an apartment without a living room. Or, I should say, the living room and bedroom are all in one. Anyway, they tend to be cheaper, obviously, than a normal 1BR apartment, which is always good, and it's not like I have living room furniture anyway, so why bother? Actually, I was looking at this floor plan for the cutest little loft apartment, but the rent is like $120 more than I was hoping to spend on rent. Of course, that's to be expected. If it wasn't cute, it wouldn't cost that much. We'll see, though. I got all excited about an efficieny that was really cheap, and I went and looked at it, and wouldn't you know, there's a good reason it's that cheap. It was just the grossest place ever.

Well, if there is anyone out there who still reads this, I love you all and keep in touch.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't you mean the apartment was CRAPPY?

Joanna said...

Yes, but you said it, not me :)