Monday, June 07, 2010

Hullo from MT

I've been settled here in Montana for a week, now, and I'm really enjoying it. The weather hasn't been the greatest - a lot of rain, unfortunately, but we've found time to do a hike and play some volleyball in between showers. The people that I'm working with are all really cool. There's Graham from Scotland, Margot from Massachusetts, Dustin from Maine, Nate from New York, Ian from Montana, and Cameron from Ohio. Last night a few of us went out to downtown Bozeman and checked out a few of the bars - we had a great time. I'm very glad I drove, as my car has been a huge asset. Yesterday, I went with Nate to I think four different pawn shops... that was hilarious. I think I'm going to go back and get a chair that was comfy. Ha.

So far, my research has been pretty simple. My advisor has been out of town since last Thursday, so I'm a bit adrift today. My "secondary" advisor, I guess you could call him, has not yet shown up this morning, so my couple of questions cannot be answered. Anyway, I'm kind of bored right now, which is why I'm blogging.

Tomorrow, we start our series of solar physics lectures, done by people both from this department and other places. I look forward to learning more about the sun and how it works. I'll be going to Yellowstone sometime next month with some other people and the area's astronomy club, so that will be a fun experience. Anyway, that's about it for now.

No comments: